Saturday 23 July 2011

Crocs, and Tigers, and Elephants... Oh My!

Yesterday was our first day off here in Thailand. It kind of snuck up on us in the busyness and excitement of it all, but quickly decided that a nice day at the beach would be nice. We decided to song-tao our way into Chon Buri to the Tiger zoo before hitting the beach. What a day of firsts! We held and fed tiger cubs, rode elephants, got picked up by elephants in their trunks, fed crocodiles, and Aaron even braved being covered in live scorpions! The video and photos are epic, some of which can be seen in our gallery tab. Highlights you ask? The tiger show was peachy, observing and laughing at innocent bystanders as giant tigers spray them with their excrement. The tigers would just squat and raise their tales and spray puffs of mist from their arses. Hilarious! There was a group of elementary school kids that got it bad. Am I horrible for laughing? Adam and I paid a little extra to get into the cage with a giant papa tiger and lay next to him for a photo. Adam was a little more courageous and fully embraced the tiger. Haha. I’m still laughing. Watching Acksanna get hoisted up by an elephant in its trunk was too much. Her scream could be heard across the nation of Thailand, and is still echoing all over Southeast Asia.
After the animals, we hit up the beach. We had some lunch, and we spread out from there. Some rented 3 man bikes, others enjoyed the beach, and I even sprung for a thai massage and milk bath. I know, I know... you’re all thinking how typical. But let me tell you, I’ve actually never had a massage in my life and it was a birthday gift from Sam. Which by the why, is on the 28th. FedEx delivers fast, so no excuses. The milk bath was.... interesting... let’s just say I spent quite some time naked in front of people, just baring it all. Before you get all “bad Cory” on me, it’s apparently normal, I was just as shocked, and I didn’t care at all and fully embraced it.
Jody wins the award for Queen of Thai Cuisine yet again. I spotted her purchasing a bag of shrimp and popping them in her mouth. Straight up shrimp, eyes and all. That night we needed to get back to our place and we were on our own to hire and direct the Tuk-Tuk drivers. We had a blast! Two tuk-tuks racing side by side late at night down some Thai road. Adam and Jeremiah danced hard, Acksanna cackled, Aaron sprayed water into the other tuk-tuk, Sam signed, Jody judged, and I filmed. We are loving Thailand!
We are 1 day away from our half way point. Pray that God would continue to give us energy and strength to finish this last half strong. Continue to pray for safety and opportunity. You can thank God for giving us this day of rest, fun and team bonding. I have some cool blog posts coming up. I want to share with you the stories of a few of the many amazing people we have met here. Their stories are powerful and I’m excited for you to get to know them.
A special shout out to my bro – happy 26th B-day Trev! Love you man.
Peace and Love,
Team Thailand

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Cory. Hard to believe you guys are halfway already! We continue to pray for you. Say Hi to the team.

    ReplyDelete